Saturday, September 27, 2008

What Is Coming Down From The Skies ?

A big ole drop of something wet hit my windshield and I looked in astonishment as more drops of this wetness fell upon my view. Can you believe it? I do think it is raining. We have gone a whole month without a drop..Now the forest fires are out as of this morning. I took my cup of coffee on the back porch and curled up in my rocker with two of my kittens. The rain came down invitingly on my metal roof and it almost lulled me to sleep. My dogs are in their cozy yard and no rain gets to them. My impatience and my begonias and my morning glories are so happyto get this rain. I thought they were done for but now they are lovely once aain. The leaves are barely starting to fall and there is a slight chill in the air. It is time for me to begin storing summer clothes and get out the long sleeves. I hope we get snow this year as our winters are more southern now and we barely get any snow. I sure do appreciate this good rain and I need to remember to slow down whenI drive because the roads are slick with the leaves on the road. Yesterday my daughter told me she slid around on the highway north of here. Luckily no one was near her and also she is o.k..When it rains I tend to stay inand clean house more..Next week I have several things planned to do, including attending a birthday party for my little Cameron. He is my handsome grandson and his mom and dad always have a great party. I look foward to this and my other daughter and I have lots of things planned.to do next week.. We may find some yard sales as this month may wrap it up for the sales. It will get too cold soon. In the mean time I am going back outside to enjoy the rain. Oh' I forot totell you I won 4 of 6 scrabble games this morning onthe computer.........Good Day...Good Rainy Day.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

It sounds like you had a very relaxing day listening to the sounds of the rain.

You are getting so great at Scrabble! I can't believe you won 4 out of 6 games. Are you getting tokens for winning them? If not, you need to make account so you can enter your tokens to win cash prizes and hit the jackpot!

I will call you this morning.

LOve ya~
Crystal