Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Want To Walk in the Woods

It will soon be autumn in Kentucky and our hills look awesome during this season. It is my favorite though it doen't last very long. I love walking in the leaves all looking like gold and brown and copper and making a crisp sound as I step on them. A couple of days in Autumn the wind will blow and the leaves will swirl as in a whirlwind and I will try to catch one. The pumpkins lay heavily in the patch and cushaws and squash are deeply ripened. We have an "Apple Day' festival in the fall that is close to home. Boy does that applebutter smell good and all of the pies make your mouth water....Better look out for the yellow jackets for they like apples too. On Halloween night the goblins travel through the mounds of leaves while the autumn moon plays peep a boo through the clouds. I love nature and I would like to go into the woods and listen to the sounds of autumn, the owls in flight, the squirrells gathering nuts and the birds rustling in the trees and then flying abruptly with the big flock that will soon be heading south. I like to look at the blue sky through the giant pines and watch the orange autumn sun go down through the treetops and hear the crickets and katydids calling. Autumn is so lovely. The air is so crisp and the sun warms your bones and there is also a chill in the air at night.. I have access to a local park that is woodsy and very inviting. There the forest is all around you. I even saw 3 wild tom turkeys fly off the point. and a baby deer. So everyone needs to enjoy autumn no matter where you live..........See you later

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That totally put me in the woods, looking up at the autumn sky, with the smell of autumn and the sounds of animals and cool breezes blowing on my face.

So pretty. I love autumn. You just helped me to remember why I like it so much.