Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank you Ikie Boy

I took the boys, all 5 of them to the park. As soon as Mom and Dad get their wheels rolling I fire up the old stroller and away we go. Noah hugged me, which is rare, and said I was the best grandmother in the world. In the park the oldest climbed about 15 feet uponthe equipment, the others ran and played and Baby Jack got turned loose to walk barefoot in the grass. I followed behind him. Believe me, to follow a 14 month old baby around is very interesting. He goes left. He goes right. He goes backwards and his thought process is so changing and he is so excited he falls right down. I took him to the big water fountain, and he loved the water spraying up, up, up. I let him play with leaves, and I am sure he has never touched one before. Jack is all smiles and is a love to take out. The older boys take up with other friends and before you know it they are completely out of the park, but I draw them back to me because they know they have to mind or they won't get to come back. Ike suddenly began to blow very gently through our hair. Boy Oh Boy..that wind felt good. The sun had just about baked us. I sat by the fountain and enjoyed this wind, now becoming pretty fierce. It didn't last very long and we strolled home. The others following way back behind me, trying to conjure up something else to get in to. Back home the house was so cool and we all settled down to a good movie and they played games. When they arrived I had Jack almost asleep. My daughter took me home. Before that my son in law offered me a ride on his motorcyle. One day I will take him up on a ride and let the wind blow through my hair. I had a nice day and was so glad "Ike" paid a visit.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That wind did feel good didn't it?
John, Caleb, Cameron, Brayden, Kia and I took a walk down the street when the wind blew and blew. It felt so great. When we got home I sat on the back porch waiting for the rain to fall. The skies got dark and the wind blew. But the rain never came! ugh! I don't think it rains here anymore. Oh well. There is always the water hose. hehe~