Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cats and Kittens

For years we have had cats and kittens. My son brought a stray siamese cat home one day. She was very beautiful so I kept her. By and by she had kittens and they were the most beautiful. They grew to be giant cats, some peach and white, some black and white but all were large, not like their siamese mom. We loved all of them but somehow through the years our tom cats would venture to the road and get killed orthe others would stray off and not come back. Each of them had a special place in our heart though each of us has gotten aggravated more than a few times when they would come in and get upon the table. But always in the winter they would fall asleep and look so warm and cozy on the chairs. As each left still the mama siamese, that we later named Granny, still stayed near and had other litters of kittens. Sometimes there would be 14 kittens here. Once Granny and her adult daughter both had kittens at the same time. Granny had hers in my open dresser drawer and the next thing I knew her daughter was carring her kittens inside the house and putting them in the bottom drawer of the dresser. Later one of the adult cats would climb high up in our dogwood tree and reach out and grabs us. How cute he was. As time went on Granny had a litter of kittens that died and another bunch that all died but one . That little kitten, barely 3 inches long with its eyes closed, would not be able to nurse because Granny had no milk. Well motherhood kicked in and I rushed to the vet to pickup some baby formula and a tiny bottle for the kitten. It was a good eater. I fed her every 3 hours and kept her in a cage and treated her as best I could......oh I didn't give her a kitty bath but a warm wet clothe did as well. She soon got big and strong. She really was the hatefuless cat that ever lived. She hated being petted..By being raised by a human she did not develope the skills she needed. Well she had kittens. Two died and one lived and she was a very good mama, but can you believe her kitten turned out looking identical to Granny,the siamese who had since passed away. This cat grew to be a giant and the black and white mama is petite. He is now our favorite, and my son says every night he comes to his window and wants in, though sometimes he leaves and stays gone for days. The black and whit cat still has odd behavior. She comes in and hides and gets in to everything. I think she would eat rught out of your plate and take your food right out of your hand....Besides these cats I have other kittens givento me by friends, knowing I don't need to get attached to them. Though through all my childhood I never owned a cat I have had my share of cats...In all right now I have #1.Black and white cat, #2.Her son,tan and white tomcat, #3A grey petite kitten named 'Batsy'. She really looks like a bat , #4 A tabby kitten, given to me on free bay and my daughter has her sister, #5A persian whom has very little sense. She's very stupid but pretty, #6 A grey spotted cat and an identical kitten who stays hidden and grew up in the wild, will not allow any human connection and runs away and eats while we are not around....Their ancestry was a beautiful Persian named 'Tiger' and belonged to my son, Trevez.. Believe it or not cats do have personalities. Some are loveable some snobbish and some are plain stupid. My favorite is 'Batsy; She sleeps on my shoulder and is loveable and soft and sweet. She even loves corn on the cob or anything I am eating.....Have a nice day......Love your cats and I'll love mine.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I remember too. They were all so special and beautiful.

I also remember these cats that we used to have;

Chicken (Gina's big white cat)
Mean Boy (Gina's big black cat)
Grey Boy (Mean Boys brother)
Sassy (the boy cat with a long nose)
Fluffy (the one that died while nursing her babies =(
Jasmen (she looked like fluffy but wasn't fluffy)
Amber (My siamese kitty John bought for me)
Teddy Bear (The himalayian kitty that was soooo extra soft)
Hudeni (the black cat that could always find his way indoors)


can you think of anymroe?
ofcoarse
Granny
the one that was paralysed
all of Grannys daughters
the black & white one
Church AKA batty

so many, and all so precious