Sunday, September 28, 2008

There's A "Lil" Cricket in my Bathroom

A cricket is a jumping insect, and I do not see them until fall of the year. It has been thought that crickets come into the home to stay warm during the weather change. My mom said back in the old of days they use to feed the crickets crumbs of bread behind the warm coal stove. Well it just so happens that I watched a show on the history channel about these crickets that invaded this town back in the sixties. They were all over the street and so thick cars were running over them..They are not harmful to us though they look like a spider. Well this 'lil' fellow whom lives in my bathroom is slowing growing each day and when he sees me he jumps quickly out of sight, not my sight because I still see his "lil' squiskers sticking out behind the sink.. I do not know what he eats or where he came from but he had better run when feet approach because he is so small and our feet to him are sooo...big. We also seem to have tiny brown ants inthe kitchen. There are no ants and then by mornin there are lots and lots and lots of ants. They go after anything left on the sink. In my window I put tomatoes there to rippen and the ants think this is their lunch. They chase each other up anddown the tomatoes all day..It is so interesting to watch I barely have the heart to squish them. So the insects invade the humans to survive, uninvited and not so pleasant to behold they keep up their survival while running inside my house...Maybe they will go away soon...no problem....I am bigger than them so I hold the high card........Meanwhile the 'lil' cricket in my bathroom better be hopping out of the way and hoping no one but me spots him. Anyone else might not take lightly to this 'lil' jumping jack whom lives...'rent free' behind the sink. You know, he may have a big family back in there...Have a good day.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That is so cute. I have always been terrified of crickets. Once along time ago one followed me from your bathroom into the old diningroom! It scared me to death! LOL!

Grand-daddy long legs scare me SO bad too. I remember when I was a little girl you tried to get me to hold a granddaddy long legs and you told me they are innocent and to never hurt them. So I wont kill them. I just run and scream when I see one. LOL!