Friday, September 5, 2008

Autumn Is Right Upon Us

My car is full of leaves this morning, all over the top as I park under our cherry tree.My morning glories are covering my fence, and their little faces greet me as I hurridly pass them. I associate their blooming with the starting of school and school is already in. Around here there are sounds of bugs. I think they are kady-dids and grasshoppers and the cicadaes are gone. The evenings are cooler and a thin cover is appreciated at night. I have a leaf blower and soon I will get it out and blow up a pile of leaves.. I tend to exercise outdoors more in the fall. I have already gotten the biggest part of my summer clothes put away. The city pool has been emptied and my summer flowere have peaked, I have also a lilac bush, a rhododenrom[bad spelling], a bleeding heart, a blue snowball bush, English Ivy, a dogwood[pink] tree, a tulip tree and forsthyia bush and many wild flowers. They are lovely and the birds are bountiful. they sing early in the morning,'before my cats get up'. We have a tiny game rooster that crows every morningat 5:a.m. By the way I have 2 little red haired granddaughters that have the shiny look of fall. Their hair blends with the fall foliage and the browns and golds compliment their hair tone and they both have big autumn brown eyes.......My other granddaughter is blonde and blue eyed and all of them are so sweet and lovely. Autumn will soon be here and it is my favorite seasonof the year lasting only a few weeks I will cherish each moment of it...........Happy almost autumn......

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Don't you just love autumn? I love it too. It's so beautiful. I used to rush pass all of the seasons waiting for the next. I have now taught myself to slow down and enjoy and embrace every beautiful things that comes with each season. I have always not enjoyed winter.. I have a deep dread for it. But this year I will embrace it and enjoy the shiney snow and peace that comes along with a cold winters nice. I loved you post. It put me in such a good mood.

I look forward to new posts!

Love ya!
Crystal~