Friday, September 12, 2008

I had to make a mad dash to E.R.

The phone rang yesterday just as I was going to work outside and it was and it was Gina. By the sound of her voice I could tell something was wrong.Mom, she said " please hurry down here, Nevaeh has fell and cut a big gash in her leg..Oh no....I immediately went to the car,left everything turned on in the house, doors open and didn't tell anyone. There wasn't time. I flew [up to 60 mph] on a narrow country road. I had to slow behind this old guy and I was going to pass but I couldn't so I slid right through the red light. No one was there. I knocked on Gina's door. Her pom pom was barking its head off,but no one came to the door. I nearly shook the door off, and then I noticed their car was gone..OK........I went straight to E.R. I ask the triage if my granddaughter was a patient. They said she was in the emergency room. WhenI got inside Jarid, Gina and my babylove were there. Nevaeh was in a wheelchair, her mommy said this made her happy to ride in it. The nurse and doctor came in and lifted her up on the bed. It took 2 nurses and me to hold her sweet little legs and arms down so they could stitch her knee.The gash was bone deep and gapped open. The sureon gave her a shot in the knee, She squealed and I know it truly hurt her. Well, it was supposed tonumb her knee, but everytime they put that needle through her flesh she cried out in pain. Her little face was sweaty and red and I held her and talked to her and kissed her little head. She said 'I hate this place.' Meanwhile the doctor ask how mom and dad were holdin out. They were so hurting for her and Mommy held her gand and soothed her. The doctor actually took his pointer finger tip and probed inside the hole in her knee. He did a marvelous job, and through all the screaming and thrashing about he was finally finished. I promised my babydoll an ice scream........Later in the gift shop she came in with her dad and mom pushing her in a big ole wheelchair. She had a bandage on her knee and a smile on her face. I bought her a big red balloon. Later I treated her to a frosty.. It was said that her big sissy made her a little corner at home for a make do hospital room.....is this cute or what....She hasw a night stand and food and drinks and her toys and balloons and a snuggly cover. How precious is her big sissy. Well , enough of this bad news-turned good. .I have a couple of important places to visit today. I must go as my coffe is smelling very good. ...As each day comes I thank the Lord for it and ask him for guidience ,knowing he will help me through anything I must go through.. He is always with me.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh no! Thats terrible! I haven't talked to Gina or you, so I just found out. I will have to call Gina later and you here in a few.

poor baby!