Saturday, February 28, 2009

How Could One Puppy Be Such A Mischievious Child

His name is Avery. He is a little brown Vazsla. His breed is more or less a hunting dog, but I think he is a mountain goat. He stands on the back of my tall chair and jumps accross to the bar, where he stands lookin over the room, barking at our red-neck Bahamanian turtle. Avery thinks he is the ruler of the roost. He has investigated every inch of our house, making sure he pulls out every loose thing he can find, and he gets my shoes and chews on them. Also he pulls the clothes out of the hamper, gets everything within his reach and climbs up on the tables to get the rest. He loves his chewy bones and he has hidden one under every chair cushion. He is a very verbal puppy, barking to get his way. He sleeps at the foot of my bed. curls up under the cover and cuddles as if he is the most innocent of all puppies. He looks at me with those cute brown puppy eyes, gives a sigh and goes to sleep. He gets as limber as a rag. You could pick him up and put him in the garbage for all he cares at that time. Sometimes he roots his way behind me and I awaken and am afraid I have stiffled him. Well in the mornings he jumps to the floor the very instant I get up. Using his puppy pad then he follows me every step and as I drink my coffee, sitting at the computer Avery crawls up under my arm and demands attention. So I cover him up while I play my online games and search the web. He actually thinks he is a kid. I expect he may begin to actually talk soon...LOL....I do spank him but he thinks this is a ame. But when he gets too rough, as actually biting me on the arm, I get a fly swat after him..He is afraid of this..thank goodness........He has a doggie brother, Lincoln, a well-mannered Lasa Alphso whom tolerates him but could eat him alive if he wanted to. Avery pulls Lincoln around by his beard and sits on his head. He even puts his whole face in Lincoln's mouth. All in all Avery is a mean lil dog-child. I have allowed him to be tied on the porch and you would think I had dropped him off in China {no offense to China] but He will bark nonstop till I have to let him in. He has never stepped his foot on the ground, but I have taken him in the car. He has a little harness and a red bandana on his neck. I love him so much even if he is a meanie. So that is the update on Avery...............will keep you posted

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I have never in my life met a puppy boy quite like Avery. He really can walk straight up your leg! He jump's so high and can climb like a mountain goat. He jumps like a frog and runs like a tiger.

He is so small to have such a BIG personality. He is the little king, and he knows it too!

He looks SOOOOOO cute with his red banana around his neck. I love when he nips at Lincoln. So cute!