Monday, February 2, 2009

In Memory Of Brayden......With All My Love

A Sweet and beautiful puppy came into our lives last year. He was fluffy, his color was blonde/tan, a smokey beige. I have neverseen a puppy any prettier. At first he was quiet anda littleshy. As thedays went on he began to get frisky. Oh, how he would run and jump and play with our other dogs. His master, Crystal treated him as her own littlechild, keeping him clean and fed good. She named him Brayden and taught him to howl with her. Many times she would call me just so I could hear Brayden and her, both howling together. Brayden also had a rabbit friend and a sissy whom is a Pekinguese. Brayden was a shetzu. His little mop of hair flowed all around his face and he had pretty brown eyes. One day Crystal told me Brayden was feeling bad..I knew he had all his shots and such so I thought it was just a virus maybe..He got weaker, getting a wee bit better at times..Crystal called and ask me if I would take him to the vet. I hesitated because I dread going thereat any time. But Trevez and I got him, all wrapped up in a warm blanket and he smelled so good and he felt so warm. At the vet's office the new lady vet said he was a very sick puppy and that he was severely dehydrated. She sugested keeping him over the weekend. After she took some blood tests I talked softly to Brayden...I even said "Are you feelin better, buddy. He stood up and shook his little body and sat back down. I told him I loved him..I was sort of satisfied that he was in good hands now. I laid him in her arms and went to pay the girlsat the front..I went shopping and got home. I was going to call Crystal to tell her about Brayden, but as soon as I entered my house Tommy said he had bad news.....Little Brayden had passes away. The vet had administered an IV and he fell over. They brought him back once and then he was gone. I was in shock..how did this happen? I just left him and he was ok.I really think what they did hastened his passing..Hewas weak but they gave him something too fast and too much..I cried a lot and could still his warmth as I had held him only a short time before. Had I had known the vet would have it end this way I would have never took him there. I knew he was sick but Crystal said he had even eaten and drank before he left there. Two little boys are missing their little buddy, Brayden..They thought we were joking when we told them he had passed away. He will be buried in the back at his home with pretty things on his grave and he will forever stay there with his loving family and when summer comes they will remember that sweet frisky little puppy who came into their lives and was taken away so fast...........Goodbye Sweet Brayden...Will Always remember and love you

1 comment:

Crystal said...

This was written so perfectly.
Yes, we will all miss my sweet little Brayden.
As days pass by I find that the huge hole in my heart is slowly filling back up.
My wounds are slowly starting to heal.
When the pain is finally gone, my love for him will still be here and I will never forget him. He will live on in my heart forever.

I never knew that day when I pulled up in your driveway and you reach that beautiful puppy in my arms that I would fall madly in love. I knew when I held him close that I HAD to have him. I drove home and called you as soon as I got in, letting you know that I *REALLY* wanted that beautiful puppy.

I think our souls clicked. We were meant to be. I don't feel this with all animals. I don't find that I feel this way with many at all. But I felt it with Brayden. It was love at first site.

I know that he is now running around in a grassy field on the other side of the rainbow, chasing butterflies and waiting for his family to join him. He is no pain and has everything a dog shuold ever want. At night he sleeps in an angels arms and Jesus is there to pet him.

You can visit this web site. It is a beautiful site that I found that has a live chat too. They have so much free stuff to offer. It really has helped so much.

The url address is:
www.PetLoss.com

Thank you mom for writting this. It was lovely.

I love you mom!
Call me~

Crystal~