Monday, February 16, 2009

Bills Bills Bills

So many bills. Our electricity bill has almost doubled, my insurance is not as cheap as that little lizard says it could be, my car pym. is a doozy and our gas bill is not low. The price of food has raised. The smallest bag of chips has risen to $1.29 and there are about 6 chips in there. Gas goes up and down, and even my tv bill has risen. Stimulus check.....bring it on..Obama. I need new tires. For entertainment the kids want new x-box live games, movies, new clothes, new skateboards, eating out...it is no wonder this country is going bankrupt. Everyone gets everything they want without thinking. Credit cards consumed, buying things to keep up with the Joneses. The Joneses are going bankrupt too. It will run its course, of course. I like nice things and I want the kids to have good things too, but they need to learn the value of money. When we keep catering to them , we are setting them up for a let-down when they are adults. Then they will see how hard it is to keep a dollar. I have been actually planning meals at home, though my grandson rarely eats it, unless it is something he wants, I have enjoyed having a good home-cooked meal. It is cheaper and I like it better. This food out in these fast food chains are a poor excuse for a meal. Children are getting so used tothis they donot like home cooking. When I was growing up, we had no choice but to eat what was on the table, take it or leave it. We usually finished our plates. With our economy the way it is, we should watch the way we spend our money and spend more time with the kids and sit around a dinner table and chat about your day. We might get to know each other a little better. I see people driving and eating burgers and slurping milk shakes and chattin on a cell phone all at the same time. Sometimes they come at me on the road. I usually give them "th horn". My grandson gives them more but he is a young teen. They do not hear what he really is saying about them..Our forefathers would flipover if they could see what a mess we have gotten ourselves in,eating on the run, speaking a couple of words a day to our kids and allowin them to play vicious games, as if it is the norm. Kids should be rewarded only after they have cleaned up their rooms, been helpful around the house, have kept their smart mouth to a minimun. Then they will appreciate going to a movie or buying that expensive game. Today they do not know the worth of a dollar. Oh well, everyone, just keep on trucking and remember to pay your bills. When you leave the arrears they tend to multiply too quickly. Eat in and enjoy your family. Take care and have a nice day, courtesy of this all American bill payer

No comments: