Sunday, April 19, 2009

See Ya Next HillBilly Days

This morning I awoke with tired feet from all the walking yesterday, I had to go by the dollar store. You would not believe how the town has cleaned everything up. THERE WAS NOT A SIGN OF HILLBILLY DAYS....clean as a whistle. How did they do that? It was as if it never happened. They worked miracles, but then I really started missing all the hubbub and clatter. I had a very good time this year and hope all the folks got home safely and will come again next year. Every year, it seems our little town changes or builds something somewhere. They are like me...give me an empty corner and I will fill it up. Soon our town will start moving on down U S 23. They have already tried to take neighboring Coal Run, but they say...No Deal. They call us "Mayberry with Muscle". I think so too. I read today that our sheriff, "Fuzzy Keesee' will not run for sheriff again, I guess Andy Griffith{Fuzzy} will put up his holster and gun and wave bye bye at us. He is such a lovely person and has done so much for us personally. His grandson, Beckham was my son's best friend. I will miss his pleasant smile..........Oh well I must go as my Gina, Makenzie and Nevaeh have come to visit......catch you later

No comments: