Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Daughter

When my first daughter was born I thought someone had handed me the key to the universe. I ca not explain how happy I was when I looked at that little person with little rosebud lips and dark hair. i didn't know her big eyes would get so big and turn so blue, She was a gentle baby, all cuddly and sweet. I had brought her clothes, a gown set and booties and had to put the booties on to see how cute. She weighed 8lb. and 2 and 2/3 oz, the biggest baby in the nursery. They called her Lil Giant. Whe her Daddy and I took her home, I couldn't believe that this baby was really ours. It was a little hard to think about because I felt like I should take the nurses home too. It is given to new mommies to know how to take care of their babies and it came natural for me. We named her Rebecca Diane. I had a doll named Diane as a child and now my doll was real. She looked just like her daddy. Everyone said she was a spitting image of him, big blue eyes, dark hair and round lil face. Later her hair turned blonde, but the blue eyes stayed blue as the sky. I was at her beckon call,keeping one eye open, one shut to watch over her. Her Mamaw Gormie came to stay a week to help me. I was glad. Many nights she let me sleep and I would wake in the middle of the night to her rocking my baby girl, her big blue eyes getting bigger and bigger as her mamaw rocked her. I will never forget that help my Mommy gave me when I was tired and sleepy. At 6 wks. she laughed aloud and I have it on a tape somewhere. Becky is what we called her for short was a good baby and a very independent lil girl always keeping her stuff organized and minding real good. I don;t think she ever got a spanking. Now she is grown, still a beautiful girl who graduated from Pikeville College and was valedictorian of her class. She was ultra smart and got a fine job. Her hobbies include keeping an immacaulate home, raising a lovely teen-age daughter and going to church. She takes lots of pictures and videos. There are so many I would have to spend weeks to see them all. I still have pictures of her as a baby and I cherish them, Her fine husband Brian is a Christian too and Lauren has been in church since about 3 days old. When all the grandchildren start coming we tend to put the older kids on the back burner so this blog is specially for my first daughter Becky, whom named me "Mommy" for the first time and will always be my number one first daughter. She treats me with upmost respect and never causes a problem. She is a child of the Lord and a sweet daughter of mine.......love you sweet Becky, Brian and Lauren

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I bet she was so cute!
I love her blue eyes. I can't even imagine a baby with such beautiful blue eyes like that. So beautiful.

Yes Becky is perfect. If you were to take out a magic pencil and draw the perfect Mother, Becky would appear.

If you drew the perfect wife, Becky would appear.

She is a very, very sweet, loving, caring, thoughtful, forgiving, giving, trusting, smart and beautiful person.

If I could only be HALF the person is that she is, I would be amazed.

We love you Becky!!!
You inspire us all to be the best we can be!