Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My mother is here with me in spirit and in mind, having passed over to her heavenly home a few years ago. Words cannot describe my precious Mother. She was always being the best she could be, raising 5 children alone and seeing that we all graduated from high school. She worked hard to keep us fed and clothed. We worshipped her. We always minded whatever she told us to do....no matter what. We all shared chores, some quite adult size chores, necessary to our family maintenance. She always hugged us and told us she loved us and never married again till we were all out of the nest, She never had a male companion yet as pretty as she was Im sure she could have had a few. Times were pretty rough but I never felt that way. To me wealth and happiness was from a loving mother, smiling at the dinner table or praying for all of us at night. Her soft whispering voice still echoes at night as I remember her sweet prayers. She was a thankful person and was very free-hearted. Many times she helped others and kept an extra plate for anyone. We had the basics and it was stated once that her children looked nicer than the children of a lawyer or doctor. She taught us to be neat and clean. The most important thing she taught us was the love of our ord Jesus...helping all the children to become Christians. We were always on the church bus as teens too. I remember attending Wed. night prayer service when I was very small. I would sit with the elders and read right along with them, my fet barely touching the floor. Our mother allowed us to clean the church house every week and we would go home to her knowing she would have a good meal waiting and we had made her happy, I was lucky to spend her last years with her at our house. Tommy and I waited on her. She was a sweet love to us, praying every night and waking to get a good cup of coffee. I miss her desperately but the Lord has lightened my load. He told me to let him take care of her and to make it to heaven to see her again, On this mother's day I will think of those beautiful blue eyes and her sweet hugs as I look sadly at the bedroom where she slept..The day before she passed she walked down the hallway and said " tommorrow I will walk a lot more". She never gave up. I was fortunate to hear say "kiss me on the forehead and I might feel better:..She was feeling bad that morning, at the break of day. I will never forget that morning. She said "you know I love you, don't you, and I kissed her. That was the last time I would ever hear her voice. I have my mother here in my heart as I hear her cute little sayings and find myself doing things just as she did them...Ok I will sign off saying "Happy Mother"s Day to all mothers. Please be kind to your mother and let her know you care. It sure is lonely without her..........The Adventerous Irene

No comments: