Monday, March 2, 2009

One Of My Favorite Poems

TREES
by; Joyce Kilmer 1886-1918

I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
against the earth's sweet flowing breast
A tree thatlooks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair
Upon whose bosom snow has lain
Wh intimately lives with rain
Poems are made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree

I have hundreds of favorites and I have published hundreds of poems myself. I will post some of them soon...................Hope you liked one of my favorites..I also love the writer "Robert Frost. Also I have a cousin who writes and he can make me laugh with his realism and sense of humor. He will soon have a book published. I think this love for writing runs in my family....Have a nice evening


I

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love that poem! So pretty!
It makes me think of a big, giant, beautiful weeping willow tree. (My favorite tree!)

Remember our little poem we wrote "Naked Tree's Shame on You?"

hehe! So cute!!

I love poetry too.
You need to post the poem of the Dancing Leaves. I LOVE that poem. And you got invited to New York City for that poem! That is something to REALLy be proud about!

I don't know though..... Maybe you shouldn't post your material on here... They aren't copyrighted so someone may steal them and claim them as their own.

But I would love to hear some of Robert Frosts poems!!!