Saturday, March 7, 2009

Making An Easter Dress

My granddaughter, Makenzie has ask me to make her an Easter dress. She did not like the ones at the stores. When she was smaller I made her one on every occasion. She loves glitter and glitz so I always make her a beautiful dress the way she wants.She and I went to pick out the material the other night, after she and I enjoyed soft serve ice cream with sprinkles.She was so happy choosing her material and all the extras. She talks the whole time skipping about with that excitement in those big brown eyes...just like her daddy. But she stays really close beside me and minds really well. In fact she walks so closely beside me I will look for her and she is in my 'blind spot'. She laughs when I say "Oh there you are". This was so typical of her Mommy also. She and I are so much alike though she looks just like her Daddy. Well a couple of days later Makenzie asked me if I had her dress done yet and I was astonished to answer her. No, I had not made the dress yet, but yes I will start soon. wish it were that simple, but I am making my own pattern and adding my own accessories..My daughters say these dresses I make would sell on E_Bay in a flash. But one is all I make at a time. Then I get lazy and my attention gets on another project. You didn't know I could sew, did you? I have lots of hobbies, from caring for my dogs to poetry, art work, sewing and lots of other things, not a dull moment. The Lord gives me a day and I will rejoice in it. Today is getting warm and lovely. I will be outdoors to work around, after I go to purchase a couple of money grams at Walmart and pick up my Trevez, my grandson, who is really my son whom I have raised and loved for 14 years. He is a real good boy. He is a very good skateboarder and has loads and loads of friends. Everyone loves my Trevez. He is cute as a button and is getting very tall and he is very helpful to his papaw and me. I love him so much. He stayed at his Mom's last night with his 4 brothers. They have a ball together, playing x-box live and skateboarding. Their Mom is a very strict one whom rarely allows them outside and loves respect from them and their step-dad is very nice to all of them. She sure has a good husband and provider. One little 2yr. old boy is his/theirs. Jack is joining right in with his brothers and is officially out of the crib. Their mom reminds me of "Jon and Katemakes 8" on tv. She is so much like her. I am a little more leaneant with Trevez because I am building up trust in him where he is getting older. He even talks about getting a part-time job soon. Oh well, I got carried away on that and really I must stop here and let "Lincoln" inside. Avery is clawing the door as he is missing his brother whom just went outside to do his business and chase the cat. He hates cats..Good Day

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Mom,

It's official...
I want your life!!!!!!!!
lol

You make everything seem sooo good and you always have the best outlook and fun ever!

You are not answering the phone rihght now. I can imagine you out in your car, with your arm out the window picking up the rays of sun, eating a yummy ice cream and having a ball at whatever you are doing.

It honestly makes me heart tickle and flop with excitment & love to think of your wondeful life. I love the way you have so much fun with what you do.

This is something that I see from you and will try to do myself. And then teach my boys this too.

It;s easy to lay in bed and be depressed over this or that, bjt it's so muvh better to look forward to things, like you do.

THanks yet again for such an inspirational up-lifting post!


I love you mom so much!!
You are STILL my world,
my breaths,
my heart and my life!!!

Love,
Crystal~