Thursday, March 12, 2009

I AM A "Spur of the Moment" kind of person

One late evening a few years ago my dauhter came by. I was asleep and dreaming and the knock at the door awakened me. My daughter said she had to be in Lexington that night at St. Joseph's Hospital to take an anti-chickenpox shot because she was pregnant and had never had the chickenpox. Her O B doctor ordered her to get this shot. Lexington is over 150 miles away from us. I never hesitated for one second, just rubbed my sleepy eyes and grabbed my coat and pocketbook. In a couple of hours we were nearing our destination. Little did I know I would be this far away when a couple hours before I was snug as a bug in a rug, asleep and dreaming. We saw her doctor. She got her shot and we headed back. Oh, forgot to tell you on the way there we passed up the hospital and went way beyond our route, called the highway patrol after we had driven to the end of town on an old backroad. The patrolman said "Guess it is getting prettty dark on those streets.hey? We had gone the wrong way. We laughed about it. Afterall I amnot good at city driving. I drove to Myrtle Beach and back and still these littlecities freak me out. I am a really good interstate driver. But back to the fact that I am a 'spur of the moment person". My kids can come by and toot the horn and I am ready to go, anytime. My grandmother was the same way. I am mostly NOT a planner. Lots of people are and a lot of them are perfectionist. I am not.I accept what I have to do and go foward. My hubby is a planner so I guess to him I must seem pretty stupid. He is laid-back, slow, to the point and very serious. I will say something silly and he just looks at me and I will say "Did you get it"? He does not answer.In a lot of ways though we are alike. We like the same foods, the same children, same grandchildren, ours, LOL. It takes all kinds of people to make our world. Everyone has likes and dislikes and they are all entitled to their opinion. My Mom said there was a man who bragged so much on his wife, how beautiful she was. He said, if everyone saw the way I do they would wantmy wife. The other gentleman said "If everyone saw the way I do , They wouldn't have her". So two different opinions collided. We are all specialin God"s eyes, if we are planners, spur of the momemt people, short ,tall, fat, short, old, young, plain or handsome, black or white. I once asked a person whom was very racial and felt they were better than someone of color would their opinion change against people of color if this person saved their life,or their child's life. They got very quiet and remained speechless. It made them think. And I stated "What will you do if you get to Heaven's door and the Lord answers the door...and he is black? Think about it. Oh well, the way I live my life is exciting because I never know when I will be called to action, but since I am a "Spur of the moment person" I will be ready to take on all that comes my way. My favorite group of words are "Dear LordGrant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change.......................etc I do start my day though asking the Lord to guide me and stay with me nomatter where this spuur of the moment woman may end up...........Have a good day

2 comments:

Crystal said...

And you ended up yesterday morning at a couple thrift shops with me!

What fun!
Have you started on the skirt?
I am posting myself weraing that beautiful devil when you are done with it. I'm usre it will be beautiful as everything you make is.

I can take measurments if you need them. That might help. LOL.

Take your time though, no rush. Just a fun little thing to do when the snow is falling and nothing is on TV to watch.

Call me!!

Crystal said...

Mom~

Your blog looks SO bright, colorful and pretty on my laptop.
I'm so jelous! It is actually much prettier than mine!!!

I love the bold blues and greens.
So pretty!!

I can't wait for another blog post from you.

I will go try to find some new things to add to your side bar of your blog.