Monday, January 19, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

The word "Valentine" is defined as a greeting card or note sent to a real or pretended sweetheart on thisday and containing lines of sentimental love. To me a valentine is a beautiful card all decked out in red with hearts and lace and lots of love splashed all over. As a child Valentine's Day was so excitin I could barely contain myself, gathering my cards and planning who should get which. I just knew each person would be as happy to receive as I was to give them..Though I never really knew what some of them thought, especially the boys. I always hoped I would get a special valentine from a secret admirer, but I never did. When I started datin, I began to receive lots of roses and candy, but when I got married in 1978 I really found my special lifetime Valentine. He was really handpicked by the Lord himself to become the father of my two daughters and one son. He always gives me candy and cards, but most of all he shows his love all year by being there for me. He ismy Knight in shining armour and my rock to stand on and I love my big handsome Valentine...My other special valentines are my 5 children and my 11 grandchildren. They show me love all through the year. I also have four very special sons-in-law whom are very caring. I have other valentines whom have gone on to be with the Lord, my Mom and Dad and sister and brothers and many others..they hold a specialplace in my heart. Some valentines are lovely, some are funny, some are cute but the ones that are special are filled with love and x's and 0's. Happy Valentine's Day 2009

1 comment:

Crystal said...

aww that was so sweet!
I love Valentines Day..

Call Me!