Friday, January 16, 2009

Burr...Burr..Cold

This morning I awakened at 4;30 am. David is starting a new job so I got up with him. Now let me tell you it is so cold my back door didn't want to open.And Lincoln went out and straight back inside..My goodness the floor even screaks as I walked on it. I think it was frozen (I really doubt it). Outside my car door is frozen. The outside dogs are snuggled inside their houses and the birds are not singing. When I was a little girl the earth stayed frozen like this all winter and now we think this is not the norm. We also had lots of snow and we always had our boots handy. Now the kids rarely wear a coat. Trevez goes without a shirt in the house when I am chilling.....oh well.these young people do not have a built in thermastat. When I was small our house was colder and now everything is pleasant. I wanted snow for the holidays and didn't get any so now I am learnin that snow comes after December..But now folks think this weather is rare, but really it is called..WINTER....Burr..Burrr..Burr We can think back to the hot weather we had last summer, and we were dissatified with this too. It is human nature to want things perfect, but we must take the bitter with the sweet. Bundle up folks and get out your gloves and scarves and boots and keep the hot cocoa brewing....you are going to need all of this. In the meantime I will go get my good ole hot cup of coffee, snuggle up with my puppy "avery" and let Lincoln keep my feet warm as I sit here and play my favorite games and await the light of day....Stay Warm and Enjoy Winter.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

burr!!
It is extra cold out there this morning. I just called the Time & Temp and it is -2 BELOW ZERO!

My back porch cracks and sounds like the titantic sinking when you walk on it. It is sooooo cold!!! burrrrrrrrr!!! Call me!!