Saturday, January 3, 2009

My doggie and my dollies

When I was a little girl I loved my dolls. Well, they were my babies really. I really remember one doll named Diane and she ate with me, I mean she endedup with mashed potatoes all over her mouth and got scolded for being messy. She was my baby and I put her to sleep every night after a warm bath and a good hair brushing. My friend Loretta and I both carried our babies around and when we were in school and Loretta went back to Michigan, after a summer of fun, I would write her and ask about her baby and I would tell her, my "Diane" was sick with a cold.What fun it was. Over the yeaqrs my daughters have had as many as 200 collectible dolls of allkinds. I always liked the baby, baby dolls the best, the ones that looked real. These two cuties are a couple of my collection of baby dolls.I buy outfits for them and dress them up occasionally. The yelloe outfit was homemade and knitted, not by me, but someone did an excellent job. I have had these dolls for years..Now the white, beautifully handsome loveable doggie is "Lincoln", my lasa alpso. He is my love and he is a very good boy. He is very protective of me and listens to my ever command. I say "thanks" to my nice friend who gave him to me. She must have known he was meant for me. He is my "one and only.....Dolls and Doggie", my favorite things..Good Day

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I remember hearing stories of Diane. Remember that one doll of yours that some little mean wench of a girl put holes in her belly?!?

We sure did have hundreads of dolls. So many. Some that could walk, talk, eat, poop, do flips, burp, and just about everything. We even had real baby strollers for them and cribs and real baby clothes. What fun!!

I left you a comment on the doll pictures too. Don't forget to check that comment out. I also left you a comment on the New Years post. Check that one out too. And be sure to visit my blog to see my dollie's!

LOVE YOU OOODDDLLLLEEESS!
Love,
Crystal Dawn