Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Have Had Rain Rain Rain

I cannot remember ever having so much rain in June. The storms come up quickly and give us a big downpour. Everyday for a couple of weeks the clouds get dark and the thunder rolls and the lightning flashes. Our power has been out different times, once because a big tree fell accross the highway onto an electric pole with wires falling everywhere. Our power was off for 8 hours. And may I tell you -you do not miss all the conveniences of your home till your power is out totally, no lights, no tv, no stove , no dryer, washer, no computer, not even a radio unless it's a battery pack. This tells me we are solely dependent on electricity. Ans complain as we will when it is off, little do we know that neither of us could go out and fix it lol. So when the power surge lights up the house and the tv blares we are so happy once again. I guess our forefathers went to bed early or had lamp lights, and I supposed since they didn't know what convenience was back then, they just accepted their way of living as getting up early at daybreak and getting in bed at dusk. I guess the little children had rules to because they too were limited on what they could do at night. I am thankful the AEP workers are so reliable. We are so spoiled we think we can't do without our conveniences one minute. Have a good evening and enjoy the rainy weather as I do. I sit outside and let the rain fall on me till I almost get drenched. The a big streak of lightning and a rumble of thunder runs me inside. Good Evening from Irene to you
/.,

No comments: